Why Projetex is not web-application?
Posted by Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT) on 18 January 2012 04:11 PM
Projetex is the client-server application and such type of applications has many advantages:|
1. Such applications work more quickly, specially if you work in a local area network.
2. It is much more comfortable to work with files because you work in the a well-known Explorer. Moreover Projetex has Revision Control System which allows you to keep all versions of files and move changes back if some mistake occurred.
3. Many actions of Projetex save automatically without clicking on Ok or Apply button.
4. Installation and configuring of Projetex much more simpler than installation and configuring of web-applications; because to install Projetex, you just need to run the setup file and pass several short steps in wizard. Then Projetex will work without any additional configuring.
5. Projetex Server can be installed on any computer. You do not need to have a special web-server for it.
At the same time Projetex, as web-applications, can work through Internet and can be run on all platforms (Projetex supports all common virtual machines and therefore it can be installed under virtual machine software on non-Windows platforms).