Knowledgebase: Word Counting Problems
What should I do when Interface not registered and error message appears?
Posted by - NA - on 05 February 2008 04:44 PM
Your actions depend on the reasons of this problem:|
1. You do not have corresponding application installed. (e. g. you count .ppt files but, there is no MS Office Power Point installed on your PC).
In this way you have to install corresponding software first.
2. You have an old version (AnyCount 4.0, AnyCount 5.0), which does not support MS Office Word and Excel 2007, latest versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader, etc.
3. One of your MS Office applications was not installed or registered properly.
For example, it is possible that you encounter problems when counting .doc or .rtf files (you get an error message, opening MS Word application: "Interface not registered"). In this case you have to reinstall your MS Office Word.
You may also try the following:
1. Click Start => Run.
2. In the Run window enter cmd command to open command line dialog.
3. In the command line window enter cd c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 (or enter other pathway where your winword.exe file is located).
4. Enter winword.exe /regserver.
This command will register MS Office Word in the system registry (procedure normally done during installation).